About the product
Introducing the all-new OT-2—your personal pipetting robot
US and international lead time is 1 week.
The Opentrons OT-2 is a high-precision, open-source liquid handler designed to be easy for scientists to use and flexible enough to automate many application workflows. This robot and its accompanying automation platform are used to automate hundreds of protocols and workflows in genomics, proteomics, cell-based assays, and drug discovery.
The OT-2 has a user-friendly, plug and play graphical interface to design protocols compatible with any ANSI/SBS compliant or automation friendly labware. The base model includes an Opentrons GEN2 Single-Channel Pipette; you can also use up to two pipettes at the same time. Additional pipettes can be purchased separately and are easily interchangeable by the user. Consumables and other labware are sold separately.
- Accuracy: 15% at 1uL
- Precision: 5% at 1uL
- Throughput: Fast fill a 96-well plate in 22 seconds
- Flexible open-source platform
- Self-serve unboxing and installation
- Reagent agnostic
- Plug-and-play setup with access to protocol libraries to enable immediate assay implementation
- Easily integrates to your existing instruments
- Compatible with ANSI/SBS compliant or automation friendly tubes, microplates, deep-well plates, reservoirs and adapters
- Supports Ethernet or USB connection (external dongle provided)
- Easy access to electronics via external PCBA enclosure
- 4 USB ports available to support connection to multiple modules
- LED indicator provide users feedback, diagnosis & troubleshooting aid on instrument power state, system processing, ethernet and network connectivity
- Cell-based Assays
- Biochemical Assays
- Drug Discovery
Dimensions: 63cm x 57cm x 66cm / 25in x 22.5in x 26in (W,D,H)
- Tested to UL 61010-1 safety standard
- Complies to the following EU Directives in order to be marked with the CE mark
- Low Voltage Directive
- Machinery Directive
- ROHS Directive
- EMC Directive
- CB certificate
Single and multi-channel pipetting. 2-pipette mounts, for a configuration of 1 or 2 single or 8-channel pipettes. Pipettes are easily interchangeable.
# of deck slots
11 deck slots enable countless configurations. Deck slots are compatible with standard SBS dimensions. Deck also includes a removable trash bin.
WiFi 2.4 GHz IEEE 802.11b/g/n, USB 2.0. Learn more.
40kg or 88lb
Video & Audio
Integrated video camera and audio system included for future or custom functionality
100-240 VAC / 50-60 Hz
220 W MAX
Rigid steel and CNC aluminum design
Operating Temperature & Relative Humidity
Recommended 20-24C. Recommended 40-60% RH. Learn more.
Fills a 96-well plate in 22 seconds. View Plate Fill Run Time.
Full polycarbonate enclosure designed to limit exposure. The OT-2 is not a sterile environment. Add your own UV lights, or the Opentrons HEPA Module (coming in 2020)
Plate Type Compatibility
Use 96 or 384 well plates. Use 96-well plates for optimal deck compatibility & touch tips. Compatible with up to 384-well plates.
Interfaces with any product that has an API. Opentrons software is open-source and users can make adjustments to the software as needed to interface with other products. While all integrations are possible, they all require custom code work i.e. most customers will need to write custom libraries and install software packages that aren't shipped with the robot. Learn more.
Windows 10, macOS 10.10 or later, Ubuntu 12.04 or later. View the Opentrons App
Use Opentrons Tips and Opentrons Filter Tips. Opentrons guarantees the performance of Opentrons Tips which were designed specifically for the OT-2. For customers willing to accept potentially lower performance, 3rd party universal tips can be used as well.
Use common labware already in our Labware Library, or add your own. If your labware fits on the OT-2 but is not in the Labware Library, it can be added by you using our Labware Creator, or by our team. Learn more.